On February 25, 2017, NS3 and the Departure Bay Eco-School are co-hosting a celebration of science in our community with drop-in, hands-on activities for kid and adult scientists alike!
When: February 25, 2017 from 10:00 am – 2:00pm.
Where: Departure Bay Eco-School @ 3004 Departure Bay Road (use gym entrance)
Why: To connect with organization providing science outreach and activities in our community.
LOTS OF SCIENCE FUN!
- Make flying creations – Explore the properties of lift and drag in NS3’s wind tunnels!
- Build with KEVA – Build towers, bridges and more!
- Wolf talks – Visit with Tundra the Wolf!
- Create and Innovate with Makerspace Nanaimo
- Touch Tanks – Discover some of Nanaimo’s amazing aquatic critters with Seaquaria!
- Dare to Design – Build bridges and other structures with APEG engineers!
- Owl talk – Visit with the owls from the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre
- Learn about fishing with Fishing for Fun
- Discover the latin names of many fish species with the Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- And more booths with the Deep Bay Marine Field Station, NRE, and VIU Sturgeon Centre!
SPECIAL GUESTS Science World with a live show at 1:00pm!
Admission is by donation (suggest donation $5/person) – proceeds support NS3 outreach activities.
Light concession on site.