On February 17, 2018, NS3 and Island ConnectED are co-hosting a celebration of science in our community with drop-in, hands-on activities for kid and adult scientists alike!
When: February 17, 2018 from 10:00 am – 2:00pm.
Where: Island ConnectED @ 4355 Jingle Pot Road (use main front entrance)
Why: To connect with organization providing science outreach and activities in our community.
LOTS OF SCIENCE FUN!
- Make flying creations – Explore the properties of lift and drag in NS3’s wind tunnels!
- Build with KEVA – Build towers, bridges and more!
- Create and Innovate with Makerspace Nanaimo and Ladies Learning Code
- Touch Tanks – Discover some of Nanaimo’s amazing ocean critters with Seaquaria and Fisheries and Oceans Canada (DFO).
- Owl talk – Visit with the owls from the North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre
- Learn about fishing with Fishing for Fun
- Stare into space with the Nanaimo Astronomy Society
- Enjoy all the exhibits in NS3’s Science Studio!
Admission is by donation (suggest donation $5/person) – proceeds support NS3 outreach activities.
Light concession on site.
Please keep in mind parking will be limited. We encourage carpooling, being dropped off, public transportation or walking if possible. There will be some parking along the side streets and off Labieux Rd as well as on the other side of the highway with access to the pedestrian walkway. Thank you for your understanding!