WHAT: FREE drop-in science & nature explorations at local parks during the summer.
WHEN: Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am to noon.
WHERE: At local parks in Nanaimo (map). Look for the white NS3 tent!
All ages welcome
*Due to the COVID 19 pandemic, the majority of activities will be structured for parents to pick up and tent and use with their child(ren) around the park. Once they are returned, our staff and volunteers will disinfect the activity for the next participants.
- July 6-9th at Colliery Dam (Wakesiah entrance)
- July 14-16th at Neck Point Park Beach
- July 21-23th Buttertubs Marsh (2nd Street entrance)
- July 28-30th at Bowen Park (meet by the duck pond)
- August 4-6th at Maffeo Sutton Park (near the playground)
- August 11-13th at Westwood Lake
- August 18-20th at Departure Bay Beach
Please note: for safety purposes we require children under age 16 to be accompanied by a minimum number of supervising adults:
- Children 4 years old and under, 1 adult per every 3 children is required.
- Children 5 years old to 9 years old, 1 adult per every 5 children is required.
- Children 10 years old to 16 years old, 1 adult per 10 children is required.