We have three awesome Birthday Packages for you to choose from. From chemistry experiments to robotics, we have something to suit any curious young mind.
Please note: There are no refunds on party bookings. The standard number of participants is limited to 12 children, with additional children (up to 16 kids total) possible at an additional charge, and no more than 2 adults*. At least one adult must be present for the 30-minute refreshments/party portion of the event.
*In cases where the number of children will be fewer than 12, additional adults may stay on site to help support the birthday guests in activities.
Families are welcome to bring refreshments for the cake/party portion of your event. Please bring all serving ware (paper plates, cake knife, etc.) – we will ensure that tables are freshly-sanitized for your party. Our Science Studio has an in-store bathroom with sink for handwashing.
By registering for a Nanaimo Science birthday party, you are accepting the risk of accidents occurring, and are accepting liability for any incidents that occur for the duration of the event including any injuries or accidents to any children or participants attending. Nanaimo Science will take all necessary and appropriate safety precautions and will attempt to minimize any associated risks.
Additional important notes:
- Bookings are non-refundable.
- The number of participants is limited based on our space, your registration (with additional spots paid for a minimum of 48 hours prior to the party’s start), and the activities we offer. We cannot accept extra guests or a change in registration numbers after the 48 hours prior to your party. Additional guests will be turned away.
- Nanaimo Science does not have a separate “party room”. We encourage you to come see our space prior to booking!
- Our studio is bright and colourful and does not need additional decorations, however, the host family is welcome to bring decorations that can be affixed to our pegboard wall, or placed on the host table. Please avoid Mylar balloons as they are made of materials that does not decompose and helium is a limited non-renewable resource that must be mined, and has greater value in the medical field. The host family may arrive 10 minutes prior to your party start to set up.
- Instructions and guided activities are an important part of our birthday party programs – the directions provided by our Outreach Educator will help children have greater understanding of the activities and more success when taking part.
- The “Cool Chemistry” party theme includes messy activities – please inform your guests of this!
- If you or your child has a special request with regards to party activities, please contact us with at least 2 weeks notice to discuss your ideas. Additional charges may apply.
Unleash your inner chemist! Activities will include a chromatography craft, colourful pH reactions, and making slime (which participants can take home in provided containers).
Best suited for ages 5-10.
Your party is about to take off!
Kids will transfer potential energy into kinetic energy with our fun elastic-rocket build (which is also a take home!).
They will also make some very unique flying “hoopsters” and whirlygigs, and cap off your science time with our always-popular Wind Tunnels!
Best suited for ages 5-10.
Kids will enjoy our awesome mini Ozobots, controlling their behaviour with colour codes, drawing mazes, and more!
For birthday parties only, we will give kids a chance to decorate their ozobots (with cardboard, pipecleaners and blu-tack) and “race” their ozobots over 10 feet of paper on the ground!
Best suited for ages 7-10.
Nanaimo Science offers a wide range of activities aimed at children from infancy to Grade 7. Check out our school break camps, Pro-D day camps and workshops, and Homeschool supports!