Home → Jobs
Looking to volunteer?
We are always looking for volunteers to help out with programs or to invite as experts for special programs!
Please contact us at email@example.com if you work in a STEM area and would be interested in a “Meet a scientist” session or to be added to our contacts for specific expertise.
Volunteering with Nanaimo Science is a great way to give back to your community, and develop skills in science communication and working with children!
– Volunteers must be at least 14 years of age; individuals under the age of 19 must have parental permission to take part in programs.
– Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation
– Nanaimo Science requires all individuals who work within our organization (paid or volunteer) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Proof of vaccination will be required.
– When working at Nanaimo Science, volunteers will be working together with Nanaimo Science employees. Volunteers do not count towards our adult to student ratios.
Examples of volunteer work include:
– Support during Science in the Park (throughout the summer), or our Science Sunday Expo (February)
– Help during summer camps (June – August), Spring Break, Winter Break & Pro-D camps.
– Help during weekend programs (Saturday Morning Science)
– After-school work to help organize supplies at the Nanaimo Science studio (weekdays)
We only accept volunteers who are committed to their shifts and are willing to be trained by Nanaimo Science managers.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information