NS3 is looking for an Outreach Educator to join our team! Find below details for this role.
Summer Outreach Educator (1): 30-35 hrs/wk, $14.50/hr; 10 weeks from June 17 – Aug 16, 2019; includes some evenings and weekends. During the summer, NS3 offers full-day week-long science camps, a nature exploration program that includes hands-on activities to connect people to the local environment, and activities at local community events. NS3’s Summer Outreach Staff will deliver activities in conjunction with each of these programs.
Specific duties include:
- Developing inquiry-based activities for summer camps, workshops and nature explorations
- Leading nature walks and imparting relevant scientific information about specific areas/habitats to participants
- Training/mentoring youth (LIT) volunteers
- Assisting other NS3 staff to prepare materials
- Leading kids through activities during camps
- Taking responsibility for the welfare and learning of students, including apply appropriate behavior management techniques as necessary
- Have a passion for outreach and teaching science;
- Have a strong background in Science (Biology, Chemistry, Math, RMOT, Physics, etc.) or Education – must have successfully completed some university-level science courses;
- Be a self-motivated and conscientious person who can work independently and in teams;
- Have experience working with kids in a camp or educational setting;
- Be willing and able to work outside with groups of kids in all types of weather;
- Be willing to have a criminal background check.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume in one document highlighting relevant education and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org (with “NS3 Summer Staff” in the subject line). Please indicate which position(s) you are interested in. Preference will be given to applicants who are eligible for the Canada Summer Jobs program, so please indicate your eligibility in your cover letter. Applications will be reviewed as they are submitted.