Volunteer as a Research Guide
As a research guide, you will be mentoring a group of 5-8 students in data collection and measurement. Specifically you will assist the students with:
• Placing sampling quadrats on permanent transects for long term sampling.
• Sampling 0.25m2 quadrats and measuring all bivalves present in the quadrat. Quadrats will be dug to a minimum of 10cm.
• Assisting students to measure sediment via sediment cores, and take sediment samples for further analyses.
• Helping students measure and identify bivalves (with the help of bivalve ID experts at the measuring station), as well as record their data.
• Helping the students place bivalve samples back into sediment so that disturbance is limited.